EnCompass Future Ready is enrolling Rochester students grades 6-12. Our FREE, safe, and enriching afterschool program takes place 4 days per week on our Lake Avenue campus (16 Lakeview Park), transportation is available to/from school and students’ homes, and students can continue year after year. We currently serve teens from 50 different Rochester schools! 100% graduation by seniors since we began (2019) • 100% of families share their teen enjoys the program • This easy, online application can be completed on a computer or smartphone: www.bit.ly/futureready-app
Future Ready is our year-round program for students in grades 6 through 12. Tutoring promotes academic achievement, college and career enrichments expose students to college and career pathways and build social-emotional skills. Students complete 30 hours of job-readiness training and are placed in jobs with our Employer Partners. Every teen works 1:1 with a Navigator to plan the future of their choice.
Future Ready prepares students grades 6-12 for lifelong success. They receive year-round academic and navigation support as they develop job and life skills. Students work with their Navigator to chart a personalized college and career plan, and we work with employer partners to match students with jobs. Once placed, we continue to develop students as employees through workshops, hands-on learning experiences, and academic support.
Eligible students live in the City of Rochester and currently attend more than 50 different schools.
- Job-readiness certification and job placement (Employer Partners include: Wegmans, URMC, Renewal by Andersen, Rochester Regional Health, Seabreeze)
- Free, safe, fun afterschool and summer programs
- Tutoring and homework support with certified teachers; Regents, SAT, ACT test prep (100% graduation rate since we began in 2019!)
- Daily 1:1 mentoring and college/career pathway development with staff “Navigators”
- College and workplace tours; and local & out-of-state trips
- Lifechanging guest speakers; connections with diverse community and business leaders
- Cooking education and culinary exposure; daily meals and emergency food supports
- FREE Drivers Education & Driving Hours, YMCA Jr. memberships
- Lifelong friendships and sooo much fun!!
Teens are prepared for jobs each year with 16-20 hours of Future Ready Employment Education (FREE) Academy. FREE Academy provides 1:1 support, job and life skills training, invaluable experiences, and friends to last a lifetime. Students must have an 85% school & program attendance rate. They are ready for roles with Wegmans, University of Rochester Medical Center, and Rochester Regional Health!
*You don't have to be in Future Ready in order to register for FREE Academy!***
November Session: 11/27-11/30 @ 4:30-7:30pm
- Deadline for Session Registration: 5/20/23
December Session: 12/27-12/28 @ 9:30am-3:30pm
- Deadline for Session Registration: 12/20/23
Register Today: bit.ly/FREEacademy
We welcome the opportunity to partner with schools and organizations to develop Rochester's next movers and shakers. To discuss partnership please contact Cara Fitzgerald at 585-704-9081 or by email.